When I happened to watch a TV Ad about Fortune vivo diabetes care oil, I thought it is another new product with a diabetic friendly label, But I thought what will I loose if I will try it once, I have ordered a 1 litre packet and used it. How did I feel after using, what is the composition, what does the product makers claim ? Should you use it or not ? let me answer all your questions in this indepth fortune diabetes care oil review.
Researchgate highlighted the effect of 11 different edible oils & the results indicated that sesame oil has the most benefit for diabetes
Few Facts about Cooking Oils
- The National Institute of Nutrition and The Indian Council of Medical Research recommend oils that have an equal proportion of Saturated fatty acids, mono-unsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.
- Unrefined saturated fats contribute to heart health and to weight loss!
- Quality saturated fats come in the form of coconut oil, palm oil, and palm kernel oil.
- Rice bran oil & Sesame oil have a good balance of combination of mono-unsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. Fortune Vivo Diabetes care oil is a combination of 80% Rice bran oil and 20% Sesame oil
- Coconut oil has a high proportion of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT). MCTs are lighter and more soluble than Long Chain Triglycerids and are not digested by our bodies. They are directly absorbed into blood and are not stored as body fat. The body processes MCTs and can use them for instant energy and an alternative to glucose from carbohydrates.
- Sesame oil is relatively low in saturated fats has a good mix of monounstaurated & polyunstauratedfats and it is rich in vitamin E.
- check this useful resource about Cooking oils
What does the Research say about Diabetes Vivo Oil ?
Considering the health benefits of sesame oil and rice bran oil, the study was conducted using Fortune Vivo Diabetes Oil by NCBI-USA to determine the extent to which the daily use of this blend of oils controls hyperglycemia and improves the lipid profile. Results were A novel blend of 20% cold-pressed unrefined sesame oil and 80% physically refined rice bran oil as cooking oil, lowered hyperglycemia and improved the lipid profile in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. You can refer the Research publication for more details
SOME FACTS ABOUT DIFFERENT TYPES OF FAT.
One gram of fat provides 37kJ of energy , They also allow fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K), to be absorbed and provide essential fatty acids, which are important building blocks for the brain, eyes and nervous tissues. So what are these different types of fat?
1. Saturated Fat : Saturated fat is the main dietary cause of high cholesterol, raising levels of the harmful low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in the blood.
2. Transfat : Transfat behaves similarly to saturated fat. However, it not only raises levels of harmful LDL cholesterol, but also lowers levels of the good high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
3.Monounsaturated & Polyunsaturated fats: Thes are good sources of (omega-3 & Omega-6) fats are the types you should aim to include in your diet. They're essential nutrients for the body, and also reduce the levels of the harmful LDL cholesterol.
Fortune Vivo Diabetes Care Oil Review
Indians were using Sesame oil for cooking since a long time, Rice bran oil is bit new to Indian consumers. But following aspects about Oil are to be looked into before purchasing the Oil.
- Taste of the Oil.
- Suitability for cooking Indian foods.
- Cholesterol friendliness.
- smoke point.
- Fat profile.
Fortune Vivo Diabetes Care Oil Ingredients
Ingredients are Cold pressed unrefined sesame oil and physically refined Rice bran oil. cold pressed unrefined sesame oil means all nutrients are intact and also physical refining of rice bran oil will help in preserving oryzanol which aids in lowering cholesterol. since the advent of rice milling machines which strips off the bran and germ which are rich in B Vitamins, minerals and fibre, so we are left with Endosperm which is high on carbs and have less quantity of protein and B vitamins. to understand better you may read about Nutrition and grains
As we are taking off the bran and Germ from our rice grains we eat, better we incorporate rice bran oil in our cooking so that we can get the vitamins, minerals and fibre which are missing.
So ingredients & processes used to manufacture fortune vivo oil are healthy, So far so good!
Fortune Vivo Diabetes Care Oil taste
After using it for a month, I could sense that there is no such noticeable difference in the taste. But All my family members are not in favour of it. Of-course there s no such mood off. Taste is ok.
Taste of Fortune Vivo Diabetes care oil is so so..
is Vivo Oil suitable for cooking Indian Foods?
Yes almost all the dishes of Indian cuisine can be cooked with Vivo oil. One of my fellow blogger Ms. Vidya Sury has cooked many different dishes like idli, dosa, parathas, noodles, pasta,vada, sambar and dal you can read her experience of using fortune vivo oil here.
Fortune Vivo Oil Cholesterol Friendliness
Percentage of Ricebran oil in Vivo oil is 80 and this rice bran oil is processed physically so there is no loss of Oryzanol, Oryzanol is good for lowering cholesterol. So vivo oil is cholesterol friendly. It is proven that oryzanol has protecting effects on oxidative stress (responsible for diabetes) and hyperglycemia. According to studies and observations of gamma oryzanol that is generated from rice bran, it is helpful to reduce elevated levels of serum TSH for thyroid patients.
Yes, Fortune Vivo oil is Cholesterol friendly.
Fortune Vivo Oil Cost
Fortune Vivo Oil is priced at Rs 135 per litre, which is not very high, It is far more affordable than Olive Oil. it is costlier than sunflower oil and other varieties of oils available in the market.
Fortune Vivo oil is pocket freindly.
Fortune Vivo Oil Smoke point
Smoke point of unrefined sesame oil is 177 degree centigrade where as the smoke point of Rice bran oil is 254 degree centigrade. (see smoke points of other oils too ) So it makes me worry if the Fortune vivo oil is very good for deep frying or not ?
Smoke point is not so high, So I doubt if it is safe for deep frying or not ?
Conclusion : In India many cooking oils were used in different regions, palm oil being the most used oil till date , you will be surprised to know 38% of the people are still using Palm oil in India.
Different oils are used to cook different dishes, Some oils are suitable for 90% of the cooking needs. Fortune vivo Diabetes care oil is one amongst them. I recommend using Fortune vivo cooking oil.
healthy diet for diabetics