Eating Roti is very common in some parts of India, Rotis are good as they are made of wheat, imagine adding Oats to wheat flour to make rotis more fibre rich, That’s about todays recipe, I am sharing with you . Oats Masala Roti. You can call it diabetic friendly as fenugreek seeds / leaves are also a part of ingredients. Now you may not ask me can diabetics eat roti? Just make oats masala roti and consume them happily.
Ingredients required for making diabetic friendly rotis
- 2cups Wheat flour
- 1cup Quick Cooking oats (fibre rich , keeps you full for long time)
- 1/2tsp Red chilly powder (rich in vitamin c)
- 1/2tsp Cumin seed powder (rich in calcium,iron and magnesium)
- 1/2tsp Pepper powder
- 1tsp Kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves (purify your blood and reduce triglycerides)
- 1no Onion (chopped)
- 1tbsp Oil (cooking the roti)
- Flour for dusting
How to make Oats Masala Roti ?
- Take the wheat flour with salt in a large bowl,gradually add the warm water and knead as smooth and soft dough.
- Keep aside half an hour.
- Meanwhile dry roast the quick cooking oats in simmer.
- Take the roasted quick cooking oats in a bowl,add the chilly powder,kasuri methi, chopped onion,cumin seed powder, pepper powder, salt in a bowl. Mix everything well.
- Make medium-sized balls from the dough,
- Roll the dough as small circles, drop enough oats masala filling, bring the edges together and make as a ball.
- Dust the dough with flour and roll them as parathas
- Meanwhile heat a tawa, drop gently the rolled parathas,drizzle few drops of oil,cook on both sides until they gets well cooked.
- Enjoy warm with any sort of chutneys or kurmas.
Diabetic friendly Roti Recipe card
[ultimate-recipe id=”986″ template=”default”]
About the Author